- 1 1/2 – 2 Quart Freezer Container
- Fine Strainer
- Large Saucepan
- Large Bowl
- 2 cups Cannabis Infused Milk
- 1 cup Half-and-Half
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 pinch Salt
- 2 Egg Yolks, discard the whites
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Mint Extract
- 2 drops Green Food Coloring, optional
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Chunks
- In a Large Saucepan and over Medium heat – Combine the Cannabis Infused Milk, Half-and-Half, Sugar, Cornstarch and salt. Whisk together thoroughly and stir constantly until mixture starts to thicken, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl while gradually adding 1 cup of the hot canna-cream mixture from the saucepan. Return hot canna-cream and yolk mixture to the saucepan while whisking constantly.
- Heat everything for an additional 2 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Pour the canna-cream and egg yolk mixture through the fine strainer and into the large bowl; discarding any solids.
- Chill the cream uncovered in your refrigerator for 1 hour; stir occasionally. Place plastic wrap on top of cream mixture after 1 hour. Let chill for another 12 to 24 hours.
- Pour the cold cream mixture into the ice cream freezer container. Stir in vanilla extract, mint extract and food coloring. Place container in freezer.
- Remove container from freezer after about 3 hours (before it freezes completely); stir in dark chocolate chunks. Return the container to the freezer for another 6 hours, or until ice cream is firm.
- Let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before scooping and serving.